Alamo PMI Book Review Program
Alamo PMI Book Review Program
Sponsored by PM World Inc. and the PM World Journal
The PMI Alamo Chapter’s project management book review program was launched in January 2018. Here is how it works.
- PM World receives books for review from various authors and publishers;
- The books are delivered to the book review director at the PMI Alamo Chapter;
- The books are offered to PMI Alamo Chapter members in exchange for a commitment to read the book and prepare a review in a standard format (Download template at
- http://pmworldlibrary.net/book-review- program/;
- Reviewer must prepare a book review within 60 days (30 days would be fantastic), emailing the review in MS word format to email@example.com;
- The book review is formatted for publication and returned to the reviewer for final approval;
- Final book reviews are published in the monthly PM World Journal at www.pmworldjournal.net.
- Examples of book reviews can be found at https://pmworldlibrary.net/book-reviews/
Benefits to Reviewer:
- Free book to keep for your personal library
- Up to 10 PDUs, based on one PDU per hour for reading book and
- preparing review – for information about claiming PDUs, click here.
- Visibility in PM World Journal when book review is published;
- Author profile and reviews archived in PM World Library at www.pmworldlibrary.net.
Benefits to PMI Chapter
- Service to chapter members, including free books and a way to earn PDUs at no cost
- Goodwill from chapter members who receive the free books and PDUs
- Chapter visibility when the book reviews are published
Benefits to PM World:
- Good content for the monthly PM World Journal
- Positive relations with authors and publishers of the books, who like the publicity when positive book reviews are published
- Positive visibility within the PMI Alamo Chapter, and more readers for the PM World Journal
Expectations of Reviewers:
- Book review in standard MS Word format (template provided), along with reviewer’s background
- summary and photo (reviewer background and photo required for publication and to claim PDUs)
- Timely submittal of book reviews – within 60 days of receipt of book
- Serious, professional review – reviewer receives a free book and PDUs, so professional book review
- is expected – no one sentence paragraphs. Honest but positive review – after all, it’s a free book!
Note: Book reviews are also provided to publishers and are often read by the authors of the books (authors sometimes contact book reviewers for clarification or to express appreciation.) Book reviews are more than just publicity. Good book reviews capture content, include reviewer’s comments and create new knowledge.
Caution: If you take a book but are unable to complete the review, please return the book. Those who keep a book without completing a review may be guilty of an ethics violation.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org