Quick linksBoard of DirectorsAlamo Chapter BrochureChapter Leaders' Guide
Interested In Becoming A Mentee Or Mentor For Our 6 Months Program?
Click on one of the buttons below to submit your information as a mentee or mentor (NOT for speed mentoring). If you have a resume or other information you would like to share, feel free to send to contact us. The more information on your goals, availability, interests, and background you provide, the better we will be able to make higher quality matches. Some one from the mentoring group will contact you for more information.
Speed Mentoring Program (10mins Mentorship Cycles)
- None planned currently
Regular Mentoring Program (6 Months Mentorship)
- 2018 Mentorship Cycle (May1st – November 1 st , 2018)
- Registration of Mentors & Mentees: 3/1/2018 - 4/27/2018
- Program initial meeting (all Mentors and Mentees are required to participate): 4/25/2018; Time: 5.20pm – 5.40pm; Venue: Norris Center (right before the Monthly General Meeting).
- Matches made: 4/24/2018 - 4/30/2018
- Mentoring period: 5/1/2018 – 7/31/2018
- Mentor and Mentee first half joint review and assessment of program: 7/23/2018 - 7/31/2018
- Mentoring period: 8/1/2018 – 11/1/2018
- Mentor and Mentee final joint review and assessment of program 11/3/2018 -11/10/2018
- Collect feedback and lessons-learned from participants: 11/5/2018 - 11/15/2018
- Director Mentorship Close Out Report: 11/20/2018
- Small group mentoring (2-3 mentees per mentor)
- Mentee driven - schedule meetings, evaluate effective and efficient communication methods, create agendas, share and track progress, etc.
- Meeting, Time & Commitment:
- Mentee & Mentors stay to commitment
- Meetings mostly online, and mentees will evaluate the most effective and efficient communication methods with mentors. (phone call/video chat; conference calls, group texts, emails etc. as agreed)
- One (1) Face to Face group meeting is required once each month; time and venue of meeting is as agreed between Mentor and Mentees
- Maximum time of meeting recommended is 1-hour
- This program is at no cost to both mentors and mentee. The program is FREE.
Qualifications/How To Participate:
- Be a PMI/Alamo PMI Chapter member
- Be PMI certified with 5 years and above experience in project management to qualify as Mentor
- Participation is at no cost to either the Mentor or Mentee
- Use the link on the Alamo PMI website (the mentoring poster on the website banner) to sign-up
- For further inquiry and clarification contact Director of mentorship.
- Both mentors and mentees can earn PDUs through mentorship program (self-reported. highlighted in yellow)
- All mentors are invited to Alamo PMI Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, further details on this to follow.
Note: This program is beneficial to all, especially to the Young and Transitioning Professionals.